The Park Royal Community Association has been active since 1956. Park Royal was the first subdivision in Mississauga to hide hydro and phone lines underground and it was also the first with its own community centre.
The inspiration for the name “Park Royal” came from the Park Royal in Greater London. Appropriately, an invitation was sent out to the Lord Mayor of London, Sir Denis Truscott and the Lady Mayoress. The two arrived in 1958 to cut the ribbon at the unfinished development.
Past community events organized by the PRCA have included casino trips, winter festivals, dances, garage sales, garden and Christmas-light contests!
The Park Royal Community extends north to the QEW, south to the Canadian National Railway tracks, east to Southdown Road, and west to Winston Churchill Boulevard.